2022's best marketing automation platforms
Success Quarterly is a tech and business blog that focuses on the intersection of Silicon Valley and Hollywood, including technology, business, mobile, entertainment, media, and related topics.
All of the repetitive labor necessary to properly execute marketing campaigns will be handled by a marketing automation program. You will have more time to focus on the areas of your organization that need human judgement and creativity after all the mundane jobs have been automated. Additionally, you will maintain control over your campaigns and be free to make any necessary adjustments.
You have undoubtedly come across several programs that tout themselves as the greatest in marketing automation. How do you choose the finest marketing automation software among all the noise? In this article, we've fortunately reduced down your options and listed the best 10 marketing automation programs for 2022.
Our Pick for the Best Marketing Automation Platform for 2022: HubSpot
HubSpot has a long history of success as a marketing tool. It is a cutting-edge marketing platform that faces little to no competition in terms of dependability and knowledge.
Features of HubSpot that set it apart from its competitors include:
- Usability: Marketing automation technologies are intended to be simple to use and don't burden you with difficult controls. On HubSpot, automating your process and setting up sequences is really easy and code-free.
- Diverse Automation: Unlike other well-known solutions, HubSpot doesn't only use emails for its automation function. You can automate everything from lead management to social media and e-commerce from a single dashboard.
- Strong Information: At every marketing step, HubSpot provides you with thorough insights. Right from your screen, you may determine precisely what your consumers do and desire.
- Salesforce Integration: The CRM dashboard of Salesforce is directly integrated with sync-sensitive customer data that is gleaned from marketing efforts.
Best Marketing Automation Software: Top 10 List
Here is our marketing automation platform list:
- HubSpot: Best Overall Marketing Automation Software
- Salesmate: Best For Reengaging With Quality Leads
- Mailchimp: Best Email Marketing Automation Software
- Sharpspring: Best Marketing Automation Software For Small Businesses
- Omnisend: Best Free Marketing Automation Platform
- Moosend: Best For Ecommerce Integration
- Iterable: Best Marketing Automation Software For Large Businesses
- Activecampaign: Best For Customer Experience
- Pardot: Best B2b Marketing Automation Software
- Ortto: Best Email Marketing Automation Software For Templates
Best Marketing Automation Software: Compared
Each of the aforementioned tools has a special set of capabilities created specifically for certain business requirements. In order to assist you in selecting the ideal marketing automation partner for your company, the following is a thorough examination of each of these tools and their distinctive features:
1. HubSpot: Best Overall Marketing Automation Software
With the use of automatic emails, HubSpot enables you to organically nurture your leads so that you may hasten the conversion of those leads into paying clients. Workflows are the simplest method to automate your marketing campaigns on HubSpot. They're easy to create and may feature a variety of client interactions, from straightforward follow-ups to intricate multi-step procedures.
Email marketing, lead conversions, lead data management, lead monitoring, and follow-ups are a some of the processes that HubSpot can automate.
Your social media marketing strategies may also be automated by pre-scheduling posts, monitoring brand mentions and conversions, and getting a better understanding of post engagement.
What we like about HubSpot is as follows:
- No-code Workflows: On HubSpot, creating workflows and automating processes doesn't need any coding experience.
- Marketing automation for all of your social media channels with social media marketing
- Email Marketing: Lead monitoring, automatic follow-up, and appealing layouts make email marketing simple.
- CRM: Easily connects with your preferred CRM software Salesforce to improve the way you handle customer information and interactions.
You have the option of selecting one of HubSpot's three premium subscriptions after your free trial has expired:
- Initial offering: $45 per month for up to 1000 contacts
- Professional: up to 2000 contacts for $800 per month
- Enterprise: up to 10,000 contacts for $3200 per month
- Easy to set up
- Aids with landing sites, blogs, SEO, and advertising
- Effective for social media and email marketing
- Works seamlessly with Salesforce
- No free offer
2. Salesmate: Best For Reengaging With Quality Leads
Currently, Salesmate provides complete marketing programs geared to engage and amuse leads from various marketing channels to over 4000 businesses in 70 countries.
With the use of clever, action-based message triggers that Salesmate lets you create, you can automate every customer integration. Customers will automatically get a notification from your end whenever they complete a necessary activity.
Additionally, you may group individuals based on their past behavior and activities to automatically send tailored emails. Follow-ups that are prompt will better nurture your leads and boost your chance of keeping them.
Additionally, you can configure your account to send alerts and reminders whenever high-quality leads do a certain action. With Salesmate, you can automate every step of your customer's journey, from the first conversation to the last transaction.
What we like about Salesmate is as follows:
- Segmenting your consumers will help you avoid sending them all the identical emails. Instead, group and tailor them according to their past and current purchase stages.
- Action-response emails: For the highest lead conversion likelihood, send relevant emails depending on the consumer purchasing stage.
- Automation across many channels: Salesmate enables you to automate several points of contact and the whole customer experience.
- Reliability: Stalemate already provides services to well-known firms like Sony Music and 4000 more in 70 different countries, so they can attest to their dependability.
There are 4 premium programs and a free trial offered by Salesmate:
- Starter: $12 per month per user, payable yearly
- Growth: $24 per month per user, payable yearly
- Boost: $40 per month per user, payable yearly
- Enterprise: Special prices for more established companies
- Offers AB testing for advertising campaigns
- Assists you in deciding when to engage
- Follows user activity
- Finds and re-engages excellent leads
- No voicemail drop functionality
3. MailChimp: Best Email Marketing Automation Software
Overly broad messages and emails that don't specifically target specific individuals are the main problem that most businesses have with marketing automation. On the other side, Mailchimp gathers client data and enables you to design unique customer journeys and experiences.
Additionally, Mailchimp gathers and analyzes your client data to suggest the best time to contact them, relieving you of the hassle of email scheduling.
Assume you run a business on a platform for online shopping, such as Shopify, Magneto, WooCommerce, or Bigcommerce. If so, you may combine it with your Mailchimp account and use purchase-based emails to automate your eCommerce interactions.
The social media marketing tools in Mailchimp are equivalent to those in HubSpot. You may vary your social media marketing efforts by scheduling postings, monitoring interaction, and using a variety of platforms.
Here is what we like most about Mailchimp.
- The best email marketing solution is provided by Mailchimp, which offers world-class email marketing automation. You can get everything here, from automatic emails and scheduling to the best templates and 100% deliverability.
- Utilize user interaction analytics and post scheduling to consolidate all of your social media marketing efforts into one place.
- Ecommerce Integration: Integrate Mailchimp with your online store to streamline consumer interactions based on past purchases.
- Auto Scheduling: Instead of wasting hours figuring out when to reach out to your clients, Mailchimp will suggest the timeframe that is likely to get the most answers.
Almost all fundamental capabilities, including behavioral targeting, marketing CRM, and basic templates, are included in Mailchimp's free subscription. Here are their paid plans in addition:
- With supplemental services like bespoke branding and A/B testing, the essential price is $9.99 per month.
- Regular: $14.99/month plus extras like retargeting advertising and personalized layouts
- With extra tools like multivariate testing and sophisticated segmentation, premium is $299 per month.
- Incorporates eCommerce
- Email auto-scheduling
- Includes crucial facets of social media marketing
- Deliverability for customised messages is 100 percent
- The "Standard" plans and plans above them are the only ones with access to the social media marketing strategy
4. Sharpspring: Best Marketing Automation Software For Small Businesses
A good conversion rate will eventually result from having sufficient information about your leads at every level of the customer contact, which is why Sharpring, with its in-depth insights, is unquestionably among the top marketing automation software.
To reduce manual data transmission, its robust, dynamic forms link customer data with its integrated CRM system. Additionally, you can design distinct forms for various target groups and only collect data that will benefit your marketing campaign owing to the adjustable form fields.
Additionally, it assists you in locating the top leads each day and delivers their information right to your mailbox. Sharpspring uses branching logic to engage your consumers at crucial moments in the sales funnel and keep them interested until you get in touch.
Its distinctive visitor ID is Sharpspring's greatest asset. You may now identify them with their visitor ID and target them based on their personal information so that you don't lose out on valuable leads.
What we like about Sharpspring is as follows:
- CRM Integration: Sync all of your customer data directly with their integrated CRM solutions.
- Adaptive Forms: Utilize their customisable forms to gather vital client data based on certain user groups.
- Choose the Best Leads: With Sharpspring, you may get a list of the hot leads from your daily marketing efforts.
- Special Visitor ID: Utilize a different visitor ID for each client to identify them and never lose any important leads.
The nicest thing about Sharpspring is that, for the most part, its price is flexible. The "Small Business" plan is $399 per month for 1000 contacts, while the "Enterprise" and "Agency" options allow for customization. Demos of both customized plans are also available.
- Aids in identifying your top leads
- Sync user data directly with a CRM application
- Form fields may be modified using user segments
- Engage your customers along the funnel.
- Their insight function is really simple.
5. Omnisend: Best Free Marketing Automation Platform
Since its 2014 start, the company has amassed a devoted following of more than 70,000 sales teams, including some of the most well-known names in the industry like Hallmark and Jiggy.
The use of Omnisend is yet another remarkable quality. Sometimes, automated marketing procedures might be difficult, but not with Omnisend. Even startups and solopreneurs without any technical expertise may use it because to its simple processes and no-code email automation.
To keep your customers interested at every stage of the customer journey, Omnisend offers both personalized SMS and email templates that can be connected.
Utilize a welcome sequence, cart recovery, and post-purchase marketing to put your sales plan on autopilot and continue to generate income while you are gone.
What we adore about it is as follows:
- The majority of marketing tools provide email automation, but Omnisend exceeds them with highly configurable and streamlined SMS campaigns.
- Integrated Sales Automation: Utilize automated sales campaigns to communicate with your consumers both during and after the transaction.
- Usable: On Omnisend, automating processes is quite easy. Without knowing any code, automate every aspect of your marketing plan.
- Accurate Targeting Utilizing built-in audience segmentation, you can target the ideal user at the ideal moment.
The free plan for Omnisend supports up to 250 contacts. Following that, you must utilize one of these compensated plans:
- For up to 500 contacts
- The standard monthly fee is $16.
Unlimited emails and improved features are included for $59 per month for up to 500 contacts.
- Automation and integration of SMS efficiently
- Automated post-sale marketing and sales
- Ties with well-known eCommerce platforms
- Setup in just 30 minutes with round-the-clock professional assistance
- There is a little chance that your email may wind up in spam
6. Moosend: Best For Ecommerce Integration
The automated processes of the Moosend email marketing automation platform are designed to maximize conversion rates. It streamlines marketing automation and places a strong emphasis on customization.
The simple user onboarding aspect of this product is one of its main advantages. As soon as a new user signs up for your service, it immediately sends them a welcome email. After that, it follows up with an email with setup instructions at a predetermined frequency.
On Moosend, automating processes is quite simple. You only need to drag and drop components and configure triggers to cause a certain action. To permanently automate critical procedures, choose the event, apply the appropriate filters, and create the resultant task.
A multiple trigger arrangement that works best for companies with varied target audiences is one of the other key aspects. Additionally, you can set up recurrent emails to be sent out automatically every day, every week, or even every month.
Additionally, you may click a single button to obtain all sensitive workflow data from any automated business process.
What we like about Moosend is as follows:
- Create automated processes by simply dragging and placing pieces in the drag-and-drop workflow builder.
- Many triggers Automate processes for various user segments by configuring a number of triggers.
- Process sharing: To easily repeat similar sequences with your team, share your process.
- Unattended Cart Follow-up: Send an automatic email to your customers to follow up on their purchases and abandoned carts.
A 30-day free trial with unlimited emails and workflow automation is available from Moosend. After that, you may buy any of the following compensated plans:
- Pro: intended for up to 500 contacts and costs $9 per month.
- Custom: For complex requirements of a large organization
- Helps with easy user onboarding
- Simple procedures and sequences to generate
- Effective lead scoring and cart follow-up
- Automatically notifies your users about upcoming events
- Integrations might be a little challenging.
7. Iterable: Best Marketing Automation Software For Large Businesses
Iterable is an excellent option if you're seeking for top marketing automation software to gather customer data and strengthen your marketing approach. This cross-channel marketing platform's advanced features and construction allow for amazing scalability and performance.
Modern personalisation solutions are powered by iterative AI, ensuring enhanced user experiences. The data-driven methodology used by Iterable is ideal for extensive marketing efforts. Nevertheless, it's a program that may be used by organizations of any size.
What we like about Iterable is as follows:
- Omnichannel Marketing: Iterable enables businesses to interact with their clients via a variety of channels.
- Data gathering: This marketing automation platform's USP is its capacity to gather a sizable amount of real-time and event-based data on your target clients.
- Analytics: You may run marketing analytics with Iterable to assist you get better insights.
- Smooth User Experience: This platform has a drag-and-drop dashboard design that makes it simple for the marketing team to work together and manage any campaign.
- Iterable can also create customized campaigns for you.
There are no set price plans for Iterable. Instead, it provides a quotation-based approach where you may choose a personalized plan depending on the tools and services you need. Iterable is a cost-effective option since you may pick and choose whatever services you want to use.
- Large-scale consumer data collection and utilization,
- Outstanding customer involvement
- Provision of personalized payment options
- Strategies for individualized marketing
- Makes campaign segmentation easier
- The workflow webhooks provide limited modification options and data possibilities
8. ActiveCampaign: Best For Customer Experience
If you're searching for marketing automation software with the finest user experience, go no further than ActiveCampaign. This program provides the ideal fusion of CRM and email marketing solutions, guaranteeing a thorough approach.
You may use ActiveCampaign to assist your campaigns' sales, marketing, and customer service goals.
What we like about ActiveCampaign is as follows:
- Utilizing ActiveCampaign, you can integrate marketing automation technologies into social media campaigns.
- Personalized Marketing: By tagging and labeling your clients, you may get in touch with them in a more direct and intimate way.
- App Integrations: This program works nicely with over 800 different applications. As a result, it will work well with your current marketing tools.
- More than 600 automations will help you operate and simplify your marketing campaign effectively.
- Form Tools: ActiveCampaign offers a variety of personalized form tools to assist you in generating leads.
Although ActiveCampaign has a variety of pricing options, each plan's price is determined by the quantity of contacts. Here are the costs for various plans at various tires:
- Up to 500 contacts: USD 9 per month
- Up to 1000 contacts: USD 29 per month
- Up to 2500 contacts: USD 49 per month
- Up to 5000 contacts: USD 79 per month
- Up to 10000 contacts: USD 139 per month
- Up to 25,000 contacts: USD 229 per month
- Up to 50,000 contacts: USD 339 per month
- Up to 75,000 contacts: USD 449 per month
- Up to 100,000 contacts: USD 549 per month
- More than 100,000 contacts: Custom quote
- Up to 500 contacts: USD 49 per month
- Up to 1000 contacts: USD 49 per month
- Up to 2500 contacts: USD 99 per month
- Up to 5000 contacts: USD 149 per month
- Up to 10,000 contacts: USD 229 per month
- Up to 25,000 contacts: USD 379 per month
- More than 25,000 contacts: Custom quote
- Up to 500 contacts: USD 149 per month
- Up to 1000 contacts: USD 149 per month
- Up to 2500 contacts: USD 149 per month
- Up to 5000 contacts: USD 209 per month
- Up to 10,000 contacts: USD 339 per month
- Up to 25,000 contacts: USD 549 per month
- More than 25,000 contacts: Custom quote
a completely unique strategy where the sales staff will offer you a price depending on your requirements.
- Flexible price structures
- A wide variety of features and tools
- Outstanding client service and retention
- Marketing that spans channels
- It could be challenging to navigate the reports
9. Pardot: Best B2B Marketing Automation Software
If you want an automation platform for a B2B model as opposed to an eCommerce firm, you should choose Pardot. This software is produced by Salesforce, a popular business platform.
Lead management is made easier and more efficient with Pardot. Pardot assists businesses in boosting ROI by 34% and campaign effectiveness by 37% on average.
What we like about Pardot is as follows:
- Visual Editor: A visual editor that makes it simple to create intricate processes.
- Pardot heavily utilizes artificial intelligence, making it easier to execute better marketing campaigns.
- Free training: Users may learn more about certain features via daily and weekly webinars and other training programs.
- Knowledge Base: By purchasing a plan, you may access the Pardot knowledge base at any time. This will enable you to get the most out of this program and experience the greatest outcomes.
- Excellent Customer Service: Pardot offers customers the opportunity to vote on future product improvements in addition to offering quick and friendly customer support.
Pardot has four price tiers:
- USD 1250 per month per month
- Smart marketing automation
- 10,000 contacts
- USD 2500 per month
- More marketing automation features, including analytics
- 10,000 contacts
- USD 4000 per month
- Artificial intelligence
- 10,000 contacts
- USD 15,000 per month
- Predictive analysis and support
- 75,000 contacts
- Dependable platform with many features
- Streamlined processes
- Very good conversion and engagement
- Enough educational resources
- less interconnections than with other software solutions
10. Ortto: Best B2B Marketing Automation Software
One of the greatest email marketing automation programs, Ortto (formerly Autopilot), has a number of useful templates you can use to create and nurture leads while minimizing your total human work. This omnichannel marketing tool interfaces with a number of channels, including SMS, Facebook Ads, and Google AdWords.
- Accurate Targeting: By segmenting the audience depending on a variety of characteristics, it is simple to target prospective clients with remarkable precision.
- Implement an omnichannel marketing automation approach that is highly tailored to improve consumer engagement.
- Analytical insights: Ortto is excellent for marketing analytics, which aids marketing teams in obtaining insightful information. Additionally, the program displays all the analytical data in tidy dashboards.
- No-code Integration: To access and combine information, you may quickly interface Ortto with a number of different systems.
- Drag-and-drop Interface: Use Ortto's straightforward drag-and-drop features to carry out activities like creating emails.
In addition to providing big businesses with personalized quotations, Ortto also provides the following three payment options:
- USD 29 per month
- 2000 contacts
- 8000 emails per month
- USD 99 per month
- 5000 contacts
- 20,000 emails per month
- USD 299 per month
- 20,000 contacts
- 80,000 emails per month
- Fantastic user interface
- Several templates
- Targeting and lead segmentation that is seamless
- Teamwork that is real-time
- AI-driven predictive analysis
- No integrated CRM
How To Choose A Marketing Automation Software?
It might be difficult to choose the ideal marketing automation program for your company. Every company has its own needs and preferences, so it's possible that two separate firms won't find the same software to be the ideal fit.
The effectiveness of your marketing strategy will, therefore, be directly impacted by the work you put in to locate the best automated marketing software. Here are a few things to think about while choosing a marketing automation program.
1. Your Goals
You must be clear about your objectives while implementing marketing automation tools. Make sure the software you choose meets your requirements and provides all the essential features and functions.
A decent marketing automation tool should assist you in improving conversion rates, customer happiness, ROI, attracting new inbound clients, etc. Additionally, check to see whether the program has sufficient reporting options to provide you insightful data.
2. Consumer Assistance
It's only natural that you would want some help when you first begin using a new piece of software. A hassle-free experience and an easy learning curve are guaranteed by the availability of dependable customer assistance. Additionally, a proactive customer support service should be able to repair any faults or malfunctions with the program swiftly.
Before purchasing the program, read internet evaluations and get in contact with the support staff to see how helpful and responsive they are.
3. Educational Resources
Particularly if you've never used a marketing automation tool before, we advise choosing a top program with a wealth of learning materials. You may use the program in its intended manner by taking use of resources like brief films, written manuals, or even webinars on how to make the most of the functionality.
4. User Base
When perusing several marketing automation tools, pay close attention to the user base. Although a program with a larger user base would undoubtedly be more well-liked, reliability is what matters most in this case. You may get a sense of how the target market thinks about the product and if it receives a lot of negative feedback by reading actual customer evaluations.
You could also wish to look at if a software's users are businesses or consumers. This will assist you in selecting the best local marketing automation platform for your company.
Cost Examine in depth the features that come with each of the price tiers that the various platforms provide.
A marketing automation platform would often have a basic price and several pricing levels for different functionality and contact counts. By selecting adaptable software with more affordable plans and omitting superfluous capabilities that you don't want, you may reduce your costs.
The program will be easier to use if the user interface is improved. The easiest method to determine if an automated marketing program is right for you is often via a free trial.
When necessary, such as for ambiguous titles, your decision should provide you contextual information and smooth navigation. In addition to easing the learning curve, this will also help you utilize the program as effectively as possible.
7. Indigenous Integrations
Comparisons of marketing automation platforms that don't take into account their integrations are insufficient. Pay attention to software that naturally integrates with other programs and tools you currently use. You will find it simpler to get started with the new software if it is integrated with your current technology.
If not, the cost of automation will increase since you may have to do certain operations manually or move to devices that are compatible with your new software.
What Is The Best Marketing Automation Platform, in Conclusion?
After thoroughly examining 10 outstanding marketing automation tools, HubSpot is our top choice for the finest tool overall. You may use it to automate your email marketing, social media marketing, lead tracking, lead data management, follow-up, etc. It is first and foremost the most complete marketing automation software available. Additionally, it provides straightforward CRM connectivity and easy-to-build no-code processes. The greatest thing is that it provides all of this in cost-effective bundles.